Pages

Wednesday, 29 April 2015

Homework Weeks 3&4 Due 14th May

This term we are working on the writing genre - narrative.
For your homework in weeks 3 and 4 you will be asked to write your own narrative using the structure we have been learning in class.
Your blog comment this week is to tell me who you read your story to and what they thought of it.

                A reminder of the structure of a narrative

Title: Cinderella

Orientation: (Who, when, where)
Cinderella, King, Two step sisters, Wicked stepmother.
Palace / Kingdom, a long time ago....

Complication: (Problem)
Cinderella's father dies and she becomes a slave to her wicked stepmother and stepsisters.

Resolution: (Problem solved)
Cinderella's Fairy Godmother helps her to go to the ball where she meets the prince.

Ending: ( Finish off your story)
Cinderella gets married to the Prince and they reign the Kingdom together as King and Queen.

38 comments:

Luke Bostock said...

Hi Mrs Henry you are awesome i think you are awesome i can't wait to see the confirmation art all finished everyone is doing good on it.

Year 5 said...

Thanks Luke, you're pretty awesome yourself :)

Olivia said...

Olivia
Hi Mrs Henry I had a great week I can't wait to see you on Monday.

Mikayla said...

Hello Mrs Henry how are you today.xoxoxo

fionnan said...

I read to Dad. Dad said it was a great book.

Leigh me to Daidai, duirt se go raibh se ina leabhar iontach


Bye
Slan

Emmy said...

Emmy
I read my story to mum she thought it was awesome
because she likes the book.

Riley :) said...

I read my story to my Mum. She really enjoyed it. She thought I should of called the story Messy Riley not Messy Charlie.

Riley :) said...

I really had fun math yesterday. I felt like a mad scientist.

Luke Bostock :) said...

Hi Mrs Henry. Everyone is trying so hard with naplan practice I think naplan will be ok on the day. We are lucky you are our teacher and so nice to everyone

Annabelle said...

I read my story to Mum she thought it was fantastic.

katherine said...

Katherine

Hi Mrs Henry I hope you have a very lovely Mother's Day. You are also a lovely teacher. Love from Katherine.

Emmy said...

Emmy

hi Mrs Henry I hope you have a
great weekend you are a lovely
teacher love from Emmy.

Sofia said...

I read my story to my Dad. He thought my story was interesting and he said it flowed well.

Sofia said...

I hope you have a nice Mother's Day Mrs Henry!

Chloe said...

I read my story to my Mum she liked it because Fred learned to always tell the truth.

Chloe said...

I read my story to my Mum she liked it because Fred learned to always tell the truth.

Chloe said...

I read my story to my Mum she liked it because Fred learned to always tell the truth.

shae said...

I read my book to my mum .My mum said it was imaginative but it needs more descriptive words.

Luke Bostock said...

Hi Mrs Henry everyone is going to try their best on Naplan today. Thanks for helping in our practices.

Olivia said...

Olivia
1.My Mum and Dad read my story and they said it was excellent.

Selena said...

My grandmother read my story and said it was well explained.
Hi Mrs Henry this is my comment thanks for the Maltesers and I feel pretty good about NAPLAN.

Selena said...

My grandmother read my story and said it was well explained.
Hi Mrs Henry this is my comment thanks for the Maltesers and I feel pretty good about NAPLAN.

Mikayla said...

For my narrative my Dad thought it was great it had good structure and he really liked it!!!Hey Mrs Henry i hope people get good marks in there naplan!!

Riley :) said...

Mrs Henry, I will try again.
I read my story to my mum. She laughed and really liked it. She did think though that the main characters name should have been Riley the Worlds Most Messiest Boy. :)

Riley:) said...

Thank you for giving us a break with reading and I am very excited about the party tomorrow! I will bring Malteasers. I know you love Malteasers Mrs Henry !!!!

Mary Ledger said...

Mary
I read my story to my Mum. She thought it was fantastic.

Mary Ledger said...

Mary
Mrs Henry you must love us for giving us molteis because it is your favourite chocolate. P.S you are the best teacher in the world. Love you!

Ciara Wright said...

Ciara
I read my story to mum. Mum loved the thought of the characters in the story. She also liked how the Doctor recommended clean up your mess in your house so Jon doesn't fall again.

Taryn said...

Taryn
I read my story to my brother Mitchell he said the story was funny.

Katherine Morris said...

I told my story to my mum. She thought it was short and sweet.She also had to fix spelling mistakes.

MAX said...

max
I read to mum she said it was awesome.

TOM D. said...

TOM D.:]
I read to mum she said it was good.

mikeely said...

I read to my mum she thought it was awesome.

Tom.N said...

Mrs Henry you are a good tichu.

Riordan said...

I read to my mum.She said it was grate.

Riordan said...

I read to my mum.She said it was grate.

alice said...

I read to my mum and she said it was awesome and cool and great.

Rose said...

I read my story to my mum.
she thort it was fun