Pages

Tuesday, 6 October 2015

Homework - Week 1 - due Friday 9th October

My September holidays.

This week we will be writing about our school holidays. Chose one event / day of your holidays and tell me about it. Why was it your favourite day? What did you do? How did you feel? Who did you spend it with? Did you have something special to eat?

Mrs Henry's answer:
My favourite day during the school holidays was the day Abi, Lucy and I went to Straddie. My husband was working over on the island so we decided to go for a visit. First we drove to Victoria Point and went to the movies to watch Oddball.  I loved it!! The movie was funny, sad, exciting and interesting to watch. After it was over we drove to Cleveland and hopped on the ferry to Stradbroke Island. Brian met us in Dunwich and took us to Point Lookout to see if we could see the whales. He saw lots of them the previous day. Abi and Lucy saw them but I was too busy taking photographs I missed them! A short drive later we arrived at Amity Point and had lunch, Lucy ate most of my pie! The girls went for a long ride on their bicycles on the beautiful beach and then went for a paddle in the water. We enjoyed watching them play and helped them to collect shells. As the sun went down we had some ice cream. I felt very relaxed and happy because the beach is my favourite place in the whole world and I was very blessed to have my beautiful family with me.

 

17 comments:

annabelle said...

My favourite day was when we went to the Gold Coast. We went to 2BKids. Malachai and I had a race through the obstacle equipment while my dad timed us. I won.
Next we bought hot chips and played at a park. After that we went to our friend's house for a little while because we had to be at the Cinemas. So we left and went to the movies and we watched "Pan". It was awesome. It also smelt like popcorn. Later that night we went back to our friend's house and had take-away and watched the footy. Once footy was over we played soccer but it was on a table and you control little people with sticks. Lastly, we had to leave and go home.

Year 5 said...

That sounds like a beautiful day Annabelle!

Chloe said...

My favourite day on the school holidays was when mum, dad, Jai and I went to the Spit at the Gold Coast. We got up really early to get a spot and on the way down dad took us to McDonalds as a treat for breakfast. When we got to the beach dad got the bait ready for Jai and I to go fishing(I love fishing even though I don't catch anything). My dad caught a sand crab, two toad fish and Jai caught a whiting. We played football in the water and built sandcastles. Going to the beach was so fun because I got to spend time out of the house with my family. I felt so happy.

Chloe said...

My favourite day on the school holidays was when mum, dad, Jai and I went to the Spit at the Gold Coast. We got up really early to get a spot and on the way down dad took us to McDonalds as a treat for breakfast. When we got to the beach dad got the bait ready for Jai and I to go fishing(I love fishing even though I don't catch anything). My dad caught a sand crab, two toad fish and Jai caught a whiting. We played football in the water and built sandcastles. Going to the beach was so fun because I got to spend time out of the house with my family. I felt so happy.

Olivia said...

that sounds fun Annabelle!!!

Year 5 said...

Riordan Yuke ;) said...
On my holidays, I went to Grandma and Poppy's. At Grandma and Poppy's I played slot cars and pool and they had a spa, but it was broken. The second place we went to was our friends, Fred and Lisa's place in Hervey Bay. I went swimming, I had to look after Emily, and it was frustrating. I had lunch on the beach and visited Nana, who also lives in Hervey Bay. The clutch in Mum's car broke, so we had to stay about a week longer, and Dad had to take Mum back to work in Fred and Lisa's car. My favourite day of the holidays was when we arrived back at home

Riley :) said...

On the last Sunday of the holidays was the NRL grand final. My mum and dad had organised a big footy party. I was allowed to invite one of my friends over. I choose Luke. There was lots of other kids invited, like Jim Mclure and Brady Hickey who are Harrison's friends and the Hannigans. We had played in the pool, we played a game called dodge kings after we played a game of touch football with some adults. We had bugars for dinner. All the kids ate on the trampoline. We then went in side to the theatre room and watched the football. I wanted the Broncos to win but JT missed a kick and it went to golden point. This was the best day of the holidays because I spent time with my friends and the grand final was Qld verse Qld so I was happy with whoever one.

Luke :) said...

Luke :) said

Last Friday I went to Dreamworld with my mum, Grace and Sam. It was awesome because Mrs Hannigan and Caitlin, Abbey and Tess came too as well as Harrison and my mate Rile. The first ride we went on was the Wipeout, it was great! The last time Riley and I went on the Wipeout we came off looking very GREEN and feeling very SICK! I also went on other rides such as The Claw,The Pandamonium,The Cyclone and the River rapids. At lunch time we went to the Billabong restaurant where there was all different types of delicous food it was all you could eat. All of us kids visited the dessert bar and filled our bowls with all different inventions of ice cream. To finish the day we went to the waterpark side and went on all different kinds of fun rides. It was a day full of laughter and fun.

Mary said...

Mary
My favourite day on the holidays was when I went to Dreamworld. I went with Olivia, my Mum, Harry, myself and Arthur. The best rides I went on was the tube ride and the upside down roller coaster. The tube ride was a wet ride. The upside down roller coaster was so scary. I screamed and screamed and I was so scared. For lunch I had a foot long hot dog and some chips. Eventually we went to White Water World. The first ride I went on there was the temple of Hughie. The second ride I went on was the wet water playground. I also went in the wave pool. The reason why it is called the wave pool was because it made little waves then big waves. The last ride I went on was the little Rippers. it was so fun. The last thing I did there was by stuff with my money. I was so sad that the day had too end.

Olivia said...

Olivia :)
my best day is when I went to dream world with Mary. first in the morning I got up and said hi to mum (she was getting ready for work.) I had my breakfast and got dressed. My mum was going to take me to aunty Ann's place to meet Mary and her mum there. When we got there Mary was getting dressed. After that Mary introduced me to Harrys new cat called Tiger. Tiger has a thick tail. Harry invited Author to come with us. Mary had her breakfast and then we went off. when we were in the car Mary was playing Minecraft PE. We were going to pick Author up near Dream world. before we got Author Chloe gave Mary a text. Finally Author came. when we got to Dream world we got out and had muffins for morning tea. there was a big line up but we got in fast. Mary and her mums day pass did not work so we had to go down to the centre place so we could get the passes. we had a look around to see what rides there was. 30min later we went to the centre place to get our passes. Next we went on the tube ride. it took 1hour to get on the ride. finally we got on. It was dark and I got splashed. after that we went to the claw. Harry and Author went on the claw while my and Mary a hotdog with cheese. After the ride Harry almost spewed. harry and Author had their lunch and saw the tigers. After lunch we went to the madigascar roller coaster. First I was nervous but it was so fun! I sat next to Mary and she screamed so loud. next we went to wit water world. me and Mary went on the temple of huee and the little rippers lots and lots of times. we went to the wave pool and the water play ground as well. we went back to the Dream world gift shop. I bought a pen and book and then we headed to Marys home to wait for dad.

Fionnan said...

During the school holidays, my family and I went to the Harley Davidson poker run in Logan Village. There were was about 500 bikes with bike clubs from all over Qld. There were lots of bikes with flags and the big crowd cheered them on there way. The bikes honked there tooted their horns to the excited crowd. Everyone waved. Before we left we chatted to a man who had puppies for sale. We all fell in love with a brown puppy with white on his chest and black on his face. He was very friendly and kept wagging his tail. I asked Dad if we could get him. Dad said yes. Our new puppy is a boxer cross staffy, and we called him McGregor, after the Irish UFC fighter. He is great fun and we play lots every day.

Sofia said...

My September Holidays - Dolphin Feeding

On the holidays, my family and I went to Tin Can Bay for a week. On Thursday 24th, we woke up early and walked up the street a little from our accommodation to Barnacles Dolphin Centre. It was not feeding time yet but we were allowed to stand in the water and watch the four wild dolphins that had arrived. I didn't mind that the water was cold because I was so excited to see the beautiful dolphins. The volunteers told us lots of facts about the Australian Humpback Dolphins. The four dolphins we saw were named Mystique, Patch, Ella and baby Squirt. Some of the dolphins had scars from fights with sharks and other dolphins. At 8.00am, April and I each got a little bucket with one fish. I felt a tiny bit nervous as I held my fish out for the dolphin. As Ella ate it, I felt happy and excited. Mum and Dad said they were proud of April and I for being brave. Feeding dolphins was a lot of fun!

Mikayla said...

My favourite day of the holidays was when I went down to my Grandmas place to watch the NRL finals.WE got their at 9:00am because we live on the same property.I firstly played touch footy with my cousin Scott and his girlfriend Sasha our teams were Scott ,me and Declan.On the other team was Sasha ,Keegan and Stefanie.My team won then we went back home to have a shower i got dressed and we went back down for BBQ.I had steak ,salad and toast bread.For dessert we had one of Sasha's brownies and we had chocolate it was flavoured with strawberries i had a great time with my family but my ears didn't d.Go Cowboys!!!!!!!

Mikeely said...

On Monday the last day of the weekend I went to my aunties place for family day.I swam in the pool with Uncle Diddy and Pa. Then we had chicken and salad for lunch. Next we had three different kinds of mousse for dessert. After that we hopped back in the pool with Pa. After we got out,we got dressed and looked at some old coins and saw a new medallion. Then we went home.

Mikayla said...

My favourite day of the holidays was when I went down to my Grandmas place to watch the NRL finals.WE got their at 9:00am because we live on the same property.I firstly played touch footy with my cousin Scott and his girlfriend Sasha our teams were Scott ,me and Declan.On the other team was Sasha ,Keegan and Stefanie.My team won then we went back home to have a shower i got dressed and we went back down for BBQ.I had steak ,salad and toast bread.For dessert we had one of Sasha's brownies and we had chocolate it was flavoured with strawberries i had a great time with my family but my ears didn't d.Go Cowboys!!!!!!!

Mikayla said...

Sounds fun everybody!!!!

Katherine Morris said...

My favourite day of the school holidays was when we went to see Pan at the Event cinemas. I saw a Red-necked Wallaby sitting on the side of the road on the way there.We meet Lilly and her mum there. I think Pan was funny and scary.